Partial Assembly of the Bike

Starting with the main pivot, bearing pressed into non-drive side. Light grease and the pivot axle was used to align and tap in.


Bearing into drive side. Note clearance sanded into carbon for main pivot.

Main pivot cannot move forward enough to align with bearing. More sanding was done.

After sanding more clearance, main pivot assembly and rear triangle went right on.




All pivots move smooth. I'm actually quite surprised it all went together so easily. Yay me.

Pressing bottom bracket bearings with $6 of hardware from Lowe's.


Small ring contacts bottom bracket.


Without the bottom ring, the crank installs and spins freely.

Rear shock fits like a glove. I'll have to inspect this for impact evidence after riding.

Pressing in headset cups with threaded rod assembly from Lowe's and 3D printed cup anvils.




The crown race on the other hand I was not able to install. I figured I'd have scrap tubing or some stray annular thing hanging around waiting for a good beating, but I did not. The race will remain unstressed.

Off to SolidWorks!

Comments